School Improvement Plan (Summary) On Learning and Teaching
Evaluation Period: August 2016 – May 2019
Plan Issue Date: 25th May 2016
Summary School Improvement Plan
- The focus of the evaluation
As part of our ongoing work in the school, we conducted a school self-evaluation of Learning and Teaching. For more information on how the evaluation took place, please see our School Self-Evaluation Report which is available on our website www.stbrendanscsbirr.ie
This school improvement plan sets out the actions that we will undertake in the school over the next three years in Learning and Teaching. The main purpose of these actions is to improve our students’ learning.
- Summary of school self-evaluation findings
2.1 Our school has strengths in the following areas:
We know this because we consulted with teachers, students and parents/guardians using questionnaires.
2.2 Our school has decided to prioritise the following areas of development:
|Areas for development|
We have decided to prioritise these areas because we wish to improve our students’ experience of Learning and Teaching. These areas for development emerged having consulted our First Year Cohort of 2015 – 2016 through a questionnaire aimed at assessing their experience to date.
2.3 Our school has set the following targets for improvement which are related to pupils’ achievement and has identified the following actions which will help in achieving those targets over the next three years.
|Targets for Improvement||Action|
Note: 70% of our First Years feel that the teacher tells them how they can improve.
As a parent you can help us by
- being proactive in monitoring the homework journal on a daily basis
- signing the homework journal regularly
- keeping in regular contact with the class teacher if necessary
- attending all information sessions arranged by the school
- ensuring adequate time and facilities are provided to enable your son/daughter to complete all assignments given
- supporting your son/daughter in aiming to achieve 100% attendance in school
2.4 We know we will have achieved our targets when the percentage attached to each target has improved. We will monitor progress by repeating the Student Survey of our First Year Cohort of 2015 – 2016 in April 2017, 2018 and 2019.